Wednesday 24 August 2011

I Once Wrote a Story

This is a short story in need of some serious work, but I thought I would post it anyway, just for the heck of it.


One morning I awoke with a burst of inspiration. The need to put pen to paper, to share my thoughts, with the world! With myself. The big question being what to write, I decided on a story, as well that’s what people do, isn’t it? They write stories and then they sell their stories and then people buy their stories. Well I thought, ‘If they can write stories, so can I!’ And that’s what I did.

Naturally, I began with a plot, as you do. Something big, memorable, new, fun, and oh so exciting. The kind of plot that sends shivers down your spine, that makes you want to savour every page, never wanting the book to end. Full of action, and heartbreak, the handsome hero humble in all his success and glory, the treacherous villain superbly defeated, the happy ending. The perfect story.
This tale, was one of complete excitement and joy. But.

The story was unoriginal, it was stereotypical and generic. So, I wrote a new one. Original, different, confusing, unemotional, unexciting, but so much more interesting. If you would like to read it.

Well, you just did. J

No comments:

Post a Comment