Thursday 25 August 2011

Deep??

So my writing is generally quite 'deep', as people tend to call it. I guess I just have difficulty trying to write anything light-hearted, there's not really much out there. Maybe I can comment on the sun shining through my window, but that only draws my attention to the fact that I'm not out in it. Or how about the brilliant book I am currently reading and how I can lose myself for hours on end just delving into these fictional characters, but then I recall what the stories about and all the gore and horror and consumerism it addresses and then BOOM!! we're back in the deep end.

Try as I might I can't seem to get away from it, I'm not an unhappy person, so it shouldn't be a problem for me to address the beauty and positive aspects of thought, but it just doesn't happen. And, well, trying to force it, doesn't quite work for me.

I figure in time to come the positiveness will leap out and put itself in some sort of understandable format so that I can document it. Maybe it will happen tonight, maybe not. Maybe I will have something in the next few days.

During the time it takes however I shall continue blogging as I do and watching terrible rom-coms to bide the time.

I do wonder though, how do people document the positive?

No comments:

Post a Comment